Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Today was Eli's first swimming lesson. The excitement began the night before and I was not sure that he would be able to go to sleep. He would sit up and say, "tomorrow after I get up?" about a million times. When it was finally time, he hoped right in and did all the activities that he was asked to do. He is quite a little fish when in the water. Evan kept asking for his turn and I had to convince him that after he turned 3 then he could go to swim class. It seemed to be a good enough reason for now. My camera is dying a slow death, so the pictures are not real great. I am hoping that on the last class, since they only let you in the little kids area on the first and last day of the session, I can get closer so that my camera and the flash don't have to work so hard. So these pictures will have to do.

When the weather is nice, which has been off and on, we pretty much spend the day in our pool. It got hot enough last week that Evan decided that he would give it a try, and I also got in to cool off! Evan has now decided that he likes the pool after all, which would seem to be better than walking around in the heat not wanting to get wet which was what he was doing before. Hopefully we will have plenty more swim days before the summer ends.

Eli actually took this picture.






No comments: