Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back to Bloging

Well, after almost a year, I guess it is time to update our blog. For a long time I thought I was too technologically impaired to figure it out, but it really is not that bad. Hopefully we can be better about regular posts. Just a brief update, Eli is in his last month of preschool. He loves it and I think it will be hard over the summer, but I have talked with several of the moms in his class, and we are going to try to arrange summer play dates. Evan is doing good. We go to "class" at the Library on Mondays which he enjoys singing and playing with the other kids. We also go to the gym quite regularly and the kids love the Kid's Klub and ask to go there almost everyday, which is good accountability for me. John is busy with work and with school. He is in his third term of organic chemistry and then will be preparing for the MCAT. I am happy being a stay at home mom and I enjoy this time that I have with the boys. I am also still doing transcription. We are looking forward to this summer playing outside, riding bikes, and sitting on the patio, that is when our eternal winter will be over. We seem to be getting sick a lot, I don't know if it is the weather, but it would be nice to get out of the house. Eli, and now Evan, have pink eye currently and are getting over colds and coughs while I am in the beginning stages of a cold. Not so much fun.

The following pictures are from Eli's birthday and Evan's birthday. We had lots of fun with friends and family and enjoy seeing the boys with those that love them so much. We are so blessed to have so many people that the boys look up to.

Pin the bow-tie on Pablo (from the Backyardigans)



Pinata time!
Happy 4th Birthday! Eli had a yummy strawberry cake that is the same recipe that Grandma used to make Aunty Holly for her birthdays!

Eli and his new Razor 360. It is very cool. He can do spins on it and it getting better at riding it without fishtailing down the street!
Happy 2nd Birthday! Evan had a Curious George party with cockeyed cake, which is what his mommy has every year for her birthday!
Curious George birthday hat!
What cute boys! We didn't play any games at Evan's party, but we did play a lot as it was a beautiful day!
Quilts from Nana! They love them and sleep with them every night! I will take more detailed pictures of them to post.

The next few pictures are from Eli's Spring Program at preschool, The Tree of Knowledge. He did a great job singing!
The next few pictures are just odds and ends in our garden. One good thing about our long winter is that my spring flowers have lasted a long time!
They were not particularly wanting to pose for a picture at the moment, but this was the best out of about six.

We hope that you enjoy the pictures and we will do our best to keep you posted on the happenings of the Ellison family!

3 comments:

ApeKnitty said...

So great to see you in cyber-world! What beautiful boys!! I subscribed to your blog so I will get an email automatically when you update--look forward to keeping touch with you a bit!

kelsey Bryanne said...

well, its about time! :) I am soooo glad you got this up and working before i left for europe. now I can see what you're up to too. I miss you guys and cant wait to see you!!!!! please give the boys hugs and kisses and tell them that kelsey loves them very much! I love you!
kels

Amanda Rae said...

sorry you guys have pink-eye and are sick. that totally stinks! but i am glad you updated your blog! i love all the pics and the parties look like they were a blast! take care and i hope to see you guys soon!!