Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day


We had a very nice, very low key Mother's Day, as I am feeling a bit cruddy still. I was greeted when I came down the stairs to go to church by a beautiful ceramic pot with a maroon/white calla lily(not the flower on the right, that is one of my tulips) in it. I was surprised as I had been to the nursery a few weeks before and said that that was my Mother's Day gift getting all of my potted plants. Eli of course started reciting the card to me before I opened it, which was very sweet. All day whenever the boys overheard someone say "happy Mother's Day" or any reference to the day, Eli would say "Happy Mother's Day, Mom," and Evan would say" Mother's!" By the end of the day Evan was saying "Mother's Day" and " Happy Birthday to you, mom!" We had a late lunch at Red Robin, which was technically Eli's choice, so he was thrilled when I picked that and said "that's the same choice as me!" I kind of had a Mother's day weekend, since I did not feel good and cough all the time, and John was so awesome and cleaned and did laundry and took the kids on errands, so I laid around Sunday afternoon. We ended the day watching the Survivor finale. It was a great season, but a disappointing winner. Oh well.

We finally had some good weather so I took some action pictures of the boys. This week it is supposed to get up to 92. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm hopeful that we will be able to get the kiddy pool out!

Light saber battle. Every time Evan sees the Klobas' garage door down, Evan says "Dark Rader (Darth Vader) in there!"These are videos that I shot with our regular camera, so the quality is not real great, but it will have to do until we get a digital recorder. Eli was doing his fancy spins on his bike (on the top), and Evan is taking a drive on the tractor (on the bottom).

1 comment:

kelsey Bryanne said...

I love it! they are so cute! It was fun to see videos cause i havent seen them in so long. I miss you, kiss your boys for me.
kels