Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last Days of Summer

Summer is definitely my favorite time of year. I do enjoy all of the seasons, but the warm long days and the cool nights and all of the summer outdoor activities are the highlight of my year. I do admit that I have more of an appreciation for fall than I used to from growing up for so many years in a place where there was no fall season. Seeing the trees turn into so many beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow is amazing to me, but I do get a tad sad to see the long warm days of summer go until the next year. So, today we had some outdoor playtime as the weather is getting ready to turn less agreeable. The kids played and ran and I started knitting scarves that the boys have requested for the winter. Hopefully we can get a few more bike rides in before I have to battle the wind, which I probably will not succeed at!

Eli also commented that summer was the best because we can play in the pool. Fortunately for him, today was the first day of swimming lessons for the next month. He loved it and did a great job. It is nice that he is in the big pool so that we can watch from the stands. I forgot my camera, so maybe I can get a few pictures in the next weeks. It may not like the lighting however as it is growing grumpy.


"I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, except I blow bubbles." We watch quite a bit of Popeye.








No comments: