Saturday, July 12, 2008

Grandma is Here!

We are so excited that Grandma is here for about two weeks. Thus far, we have had a pretty relaxed time with swimming, playing, and just hanging out. Yesterday, we put Grandma and the kids to work and went raspberry picking. I love raspberries. The color, the smell, the taste. Everything about raspberries, except perhaps when you go picking and the wind is blasting and the thorny branches are slashing your legs and arms and face. I guess that is the way it goes sometimes. The berries this year were pretty small, but we picked about 10 pounds which will be good for eating some and freezing some. We might have to get some more at the stand down the street.

Grandma also got Eli a little something special. He got a new big boy bike and helmet. He sure is cruising now!

One last little story...last night we were standing in the driveway, Evan, Anuty Jessie, and myself, and out of the corner of my eye I saw something strange. When I looked again, I saw a raccoon sitting on the Wilson's patio. It was about 8:00 or so, so it was still pretty light. Some blue birds were swooping at it and chirping like crazy. My guess is that it tried to go after their eggs. Anyway, the raccoon was scared and was trying to get away fro the birds, but it did not want to get close to us. I picked Evan up as I was afraid he might try to pet it and the raccoon decided to be brave and run through us. It ran down the driveway right next to us, so close I could have touched it, and then across the street, over the wall, and under the chain link fence on the other side. We could hear the birds squawking at it as it was running away through the trees. After all that, Evan for awhile could only say "tiger, run street in there!" So that is our story of a run-in with a tiger.

We had only been picking for a little while and Evan had about 2/3 of the bottom of the bucket covered, and Eli says "hey, Evan ate all of his berries."

No comments: